Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

Trails for the Nation!

I walked a minor section of Offa's Dyke Path at the weekend (sadly I've got no photos and as a result haven't documented it as for the main part the visibility was pretty much zero) which was partly by accident on another walk we were doing and it was incredible. I was intrigued so though some digging to get the lowdown on how far Offa's Dyke Path is and how long it would take to trek it in one go would be a top plan with the potential for a trek in the future.

When I stumbled across this nugget of joy - http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ seemingly we have the joy of 15 National Trails across the UK, most of which I already knew about but nice to have a resource with them all in one place with maps and suggested routes broken down into days. Certainly simplifies the planning for the future.

2 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

I have completed almost all of the National Trails over the years and I must say that Offa's Dyke is up there in my top three.
I really loved it- I did it as a backpacking trip and have some great memories from the walk.

CF Rich said...

Hi Trevor,

It was great from the little I saw of it. Having said that what were your other 2 favourites?

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Roam the Hills. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.